Welder - 2nd Shift
Colchester, VT-Fab-Tech will pay for Ferry Service from NY to Colchester
Colchester is a suburb of Burlington, VT and is one of the best places to live in Vermont. It has a lot of restaurants and parks, offering a sparse suburban feel. JOB SUMMARY:
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing GTAW and GMAW in a manner that ensures the production of our high quality line of PSP® products.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
• Set up the work area, select and verify the material for production, and meet the daily welding production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
• Weld the following in different positions and on different gauges: stainless steel and black iron. Occasionally expected to weld other materials.
• Troubleshoot the welding equipment.
• Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
• Comply with established production philosophies designed to increase production, safety and/or quality; e.g., Lean Manufacturing, 5s and TWI methodologies.
• Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base
• Perform various other assignments per Department Lead’s direction.QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous MIG and/or TIG welding experience or training preferred
- Can speak and understand English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
- Able to read and understand cut sheets and engineering prints thoroughly.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy and weld symbols
- Knowledge of basic sheet metal layout
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Math skills to include basic arithmetic and geometry
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"
- High school diploma or GED required
- Dependable; determined, positive in demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good attitude
- Frequent standing, bending, sitting, and use of hands is required
- Specific vision abilities required to include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally perform physical activities including lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the production area is usually moderately loud. The Weld Department is a sectioned off area of the production floor. Various grinding, cutting and welding tasks are performed within the Weld Department.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection are required when in the production area
- PPE covering eyes and skin is required when welding or heat induced cutting
- PPE covering hands and face is required when grinding
- PPE specific to tasks being performed is required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending
- Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k deferral and match program; match = 50% of what you put in up to 5%
- Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Above & Beyond Recognition
- Free Boots and Company Gear (sorry, no swords)
- Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Location/Region: Saranac, NY (12981)