Mountain Lake Academy is a unique program that works with students at a year round experiential based boarding school located in the High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. We are looking for full time Direct Care Staff.
The positions of Residential Counselor 1, Residential Counselor 2 (2-4 years experience), and Residential Counselor 3 (4+ years experience) are needed. Individuals with the skills, confidence and experience working with students with a range of Learning and Emotional Disabilities in both individual and group settings preferred.
- Relationship and Skill Building
- Outdoor Activities focused (i.e. hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, snowshoeing, etc.)
- Recreational Activities and Work Based Experiences
- A safe environment to create lasting change
- Leadership positions available
- Applicants must possess a valid NYS driver*s license.
- Applicants must successfully complete background check per NYS regulations.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates/Bachelors preferred).
- Full-Time - 40 hrs/week
- Four-day work week - afternoons/evenings and one weekend day
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical & Dental/Vision Insurance after 90 days
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Meals While Working
- Opportunities for Advancement
Mountain Lake Academy is an EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
provided by The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Location/Region: Lake Placid, NY (12946)