Position: Instructional and Enterprise Technologist
Status: Full-Time, Permanent, Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Description: Paul Smith's College seeks an exceptional, creative, and agile Instructional and Enterprise Technologist, responsible for providing excellent support and training for the college's enterprise software systems and academic technologies on campus. Working closely with a team of IT professionals on a small college campus, the Instructional and Enterprise Technologist will be on the front lines of implementing, maintaining, and improving technology use and training and supporting users on how to best utilize technology to positively impact the mission of the college.
- Assist faculty in enhancing teaching and learning through technology.
- Deliver workshops and training for students, faculty and staff on the best use of administrative and academic technologies.
- Deliver excellent customer support for academic and enterprise software
- Communicate with faculty on an ongoing basis regarding the availability and use of instructional technologies.
- Develop support documentation for various instructional technologies for the campus community.
- Act as the primary support contact for the Learning Management System (Canvas).
- Act as a liaison between staff/faculty and technology vendors to implement, support and enhance the use of technology on campus.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in instructional and enterprise technology.
- Perform basic business analysis for departmental operations to find opportunities for improvement using technology solutions.
- Work closely with the Systems Administrator and Helpdesk to support academic and administrative software systems.
- Contribute to system design and implementation.
- Assist the IT department with a variety of tasks including the development of IT policies, plans, procedures and reports, supporting new projects, completing help desk tickets and other duties as assigned.
- Share on-call responsibility with the IT team.
- This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, as well as any applicable certifications.
- Experience teaching in higher education or corporate training environment.
- Considerable experience training end users in technology.
- Ability to design, lead, and see projects through from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to correspond clearly and in a timely manner.
- Excellent research skills as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills and a desire to work with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to set goals, understand and follow directions, meet deadlines, keep accurate records, plan ahead, and anticipate problems.
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
- Ability to assess, prioritize, and manage tasks with appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and to travel when necessary.
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- 1 year of current experience in instructional technology and/or instructional design with technology,
- Experience working in Higher education.
- Experience with enterprise and educational software platforms and how they enhance the mission of educational institutions.
- Coursework and/or training related to educational technology and technical writing.
- Familiarity with any of these technologies or similar technologies:
- Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Canvas, etc.)
- Web-based Instructional Technologies (HTML 5, CSS, Camtasia, etc.)
- E-learning Authoring Platforms (Lectora, Captivate, acetc.)
- SCORM compliancy
- ADA best practices
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in PDF or Word format to: email@example.com Mailing address: Human Resources, Paul Smith's College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970. Fax to: (518) 327-6161. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Paul Smith's College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
provided by The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Location/Region: Paul Smiths, NY (US - 12970)