Position: Executive Assistant to the College President, and Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Status: Full-time Regular, Exempt, 12-month (Office of the President is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and by appointment on evenings and weekends)
Reports to: President Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive and confidential executive/administrative support for the College President.
- Provide comprehensive and confidential executive/administrative support for the Officers of the Board of Trustees and the Chair of the Trustee Committee and to all members of the Board of Trustees on an as-needed basis.
- Provide operations management for the Office of the President and assure that official business of the Office is completed.
- Supervise clerical staff and student employees as assigned to the Office of the President.
- Supervise and manage task work as assigned by the College President with the Institutional Development staff for fundraising.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree and a minimum of five years of similar experience are highly preferred. A master's degree is optional but welcomed.
- Requires strong technical skills, experience and comfort level with various types of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation and email software (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, One Note, Visio) as well as an understanding of web site applications for the President's page. Some form of speed writing or shorthand is desirable as well as a working understanding and use of One Note and/or digital tape recorders for transcriptions on an as needed basis.
- Must demonstrate leadership and supervisory techniques and skills. Must be a self-starter, prioritize work demands, multi-task, and be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands. Requires high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. Task work requires continual attention to detail in writing effectively, preparing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to interact and communicate professionally with individuals in all of the College's constituencies, including Faculty, staff members, Trustees, alums, major donors, local, state, and national legislative and community leaders.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in PDF or Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing address: Human Resources, Paul Smith's College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970. Fax to: (518) 327-6161. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Paul Smith's College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
provided by The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Location/Region: Paul Smiths, NY (US - 12970)